Seacoast Marine Electronics (SME) is a highly respected service provider of commercial marine electronics, VSAT communications and IT support to the marine industry in Canada. SME has offices in Halifax (headquarters), Vancouver and St. Catharines that serve deep sea and great lakes vessels as well as offshore oil and gas platforms.
The Great Lakes Office located in St. Catharines has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Technician.
- Monitor customer IT and communication systems
- Follow policy and procedures per service level agreements
- First level remote and on-site technical response and support, as needed
- Research and development of custom solutions for the marine industry
- Assist in planning, designing and development of custom solutions
- Assist in configuration, testing, deployment and maintaining custom solutions
- Documentation of tickets, solutions and user instructions
Skills and abilities:
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with technical project work, research in the technical field, business/enterprise networking concepts, design, administration, and support, Windows and Linux operating systems for servers, virtual machines, workstations, tablets.
- Implementing and supporting network technology, Switches, VLAN, AD, DNS, DHCP
- Supporting WAN technologies: firewalls, security, SD-WAN, IDS, IPS
- Enterprise backup software, endpoint protection, asset and patch management
- Helpdesk support and call logging and tracking
- Knowledge of cyber-security best practices, management of Anti-Virus/spyware/malware and web controls
- Strong customer focus and the ability to prioritize needs
SME provides support to the marine industry on a 24/7 basis. This position is required to work outside of core business hours, as customer needs dictate. The Support Technician is also part of the on-call rotation. Occasional travel to vessels and client offices is also essential.
Thank you for your interest. However, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
All qualified applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Reference ID: Support-Tech-2021
Application Deadline: 2021-12-10
Job types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 – $29.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: We are a marine industry trusted partner and follow all protocols for prevention of COVID-19. We require the candidate to be fully vaccinated.