Seacoast Marine Electronics (SME) is a highly respected service provider of commercial marine electronics, VSAT communications and IT support to the marine industry in Canada. SME has offices in Halifax (NS) (headquarters), Vancouver (BC) and Hamilton (ON) that serve Deep-sea and Great Lakes vessels.
The Great Lakes Office located in Hamilton (ON) has an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer.
- Manage monitoring systems for IT and communication systems
- Manage and develop support solutions and 3rdparty support services
- Develop and follow policy and procedures per service level agreements
- Provide first/second level remote and on-site technical response and support, as needed
- Research and development of custom solutions for the marine industry
- Lead on planning, designing and development of custom solutions
- Manage configuration, testing, deployment and maintaining custom solutions
- Manage documentation of tickets, solutions and user instructions
- Assisting sales with proposals and contracts to ensure we can meet/exceed the goals and objectives of the customer
Skills and abilities:
- 5+ years of experience with technical project work, research in the technical field, business/enterprise networking concepts, design, administration, and support, Windows and Linux operating systems for servers, virtual machines and workstations
- In depth Network+, Security+, experience with SD-WAN
- Knowledge of cyber-security best practices, management of Anti-Virus/spyware/malware and web controls
- Ability to critically evaluate and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Achieves results by establishing priorities, monitoring progress and resolving issues.
- Strong customer support focus
SME provides support to the marine industry on a 24/7 basis and this position will be required to work outside of core business hours from time to time. The Network Engineer is also part of the on-call rotation. Occasional travel to vessels and client offices is also essential.
Thank you for your interest. However, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
All qualified applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Reference ID: Network-Engineer-2023
Job types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
Expected hours: 80 per week
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Stoney Creek, ON L8E 5S7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-11-15
Expected start date: 2023-12-01